Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool Sport Duet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

just replaced rear bearing and inner tub on a sport Duet Model# wfw9150ww01 and called whirlpool for the extra concession they are suppose to give us on these since i didnt put the front portion of the outer tub they are making me go out and replace the front tub there was no wear what so ever on this front tub has anybody had any problems with this when u just replaced the inner and rear portion of the outer tub the lady from the partner team said there is a 77% failure rate if u dont replace the front i think bull shit i really dont want to go out there and do this repair all over agian i will order the front and just say i did it but if its gonna fail i will go out there and do it again any thoughts?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

you dont need the front tub rear should be enough, bs

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Agreed, it's BS.

Funny that you brought this up. Whirlpool wants to come up with a complete outer tub, with the inner wash basket complete with the counterweights and the shaft assembly. All because techncians have complained that the disassembly and reassembly takes too long and having to order the rear half of the outer tub and the inner wash basket separately takes up too much space in the van.
Scott Wolf

#4 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

ya im gonna order the front then just put it on the warranty claim whirlpool company is a piece of shit now

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

It's hard to see what the front half has to do with future fail rate on rear tub bearing/seal. Whirlpool is f'd up something fierce.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, the just sent me a fron half on a concession tub job. I didnt ask for it, the just sent it along. 2 year old duet ht bad bearings. Real POS
Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#7 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

ther usin cheap seals and bearings

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

ther usin cheap seals and bearings

Must be leftovers from Maytag Neptunes and the Searcy SAV model washers.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics