Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

bmmc

whirlpool duet bad tub bearing

4 posts in this topic

m#ghw9150pw2 came in shop with bad rear tub bearing(very sloppy) & belt off.never did one of these bearing jobs.two questions,are there any special tools i need to purchase to do the job(so i can figure them in the estimate) & i saw something here about some type of front bearing should be changed out along with the rear.just want to make sure of what i am getting into here.any tips greatly appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The bearing is in the rear end of the tub u will need the rear tub and the inner tub, inner tub usally dosnt come out of the rear very costly and you do not need special tools

Whirlpool has plans to come out with a whole outer tub and the inner wash basket complete with the counterweights, the bearing and seal, and the shaft assembly because technicians have complained that disassembly and reassembly takes too long and that having to order the separate parts rather than a whole assembly takes up too much space in the van.