Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool duet bad tub bearing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bmmc

bmmc

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

m#ghw9150pw2 came in shop with bad rear tub bearing(very sloppy) & belt off.never did one of these bearing jobs.two questions,are there any special tools i need to purchase to do the job(so i can figure them in the estimate) & i saw something here about some type of front bearing should be changed out along with the rear.just want to make sure of what i am getting into here.any tips greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

The bearing is in the rear end of the tub u will need the rear tub and the inner tub, inner tub usally dosnt come out of the rear very costly and you do not need special tools

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,806 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Rear drum with bearing ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=GHW9150PW2

Posted Image

Inner Tub ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=GHW9150PW2

Posted Image

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Whirlpool has plans to come out with a whole outer tub and the inner wash basket complete with the counterweights, the bearing and seal, and the shaft assembly because technicians have complained that disassembly and reassembly takes too long and that having to order the separate parts rather than a whole assembly takes up too much space in the van.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics