Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

frigidaire stacked dryer FEQ332ES0

Motor hums out of tune

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

My dentist calls me for is little stackable dryer that only hums when start switch is activated. Of course I get it to run by spinning drum. Several times it starts & you can here relay kick in. Can't figure how to get it unstacked so I pull up a chair & dismantle the top & front panel to access it. Lint caked in the blower fan & housing but not much lint on motor or cabinet. Vacuum unit plenty good. Exhaust vent tube does not have much lint either. Goes out back wall but I don't check the outlet, as an after thought I think I should have.

Put unit back together & it works fine. I inform customer that the motor will probably stall when it tries to run with a load of wet towels. Expect to pay for a new motor. Any thing else I could rule on. Dryer tumbles & heats fine with no load. Should I order new motor on Monday? Can't read the wiring diagram to save my life. Would like to check the motor resistance.

If I install a new motor, I really would like to have that thing on the floor. Any suggestions how to uncouple it from the washer?
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Dryer Motor ...
Remove Belt
Try turning the Motor Shaft by hand.
Does it turn easily, smoothly.
Can you give the Motor Shaft a spin and it will continue, somewhat ?

http://www.repaircli...rtDetail/407697

Drive-Motor-131560100-00870885.jpg

Dryer Stacking Kit instructions
131722400.pdf

pagefrom131722400.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Recon I should have that when I was there. I turned the drum it rolled a little. Did not have a load of wet wash to test the dryer with. That is what I was thinking. Did not give it a thought to take the belt off.

Dryer Motor ...
Remove Belt
Try turning the Motor Shaft by hand.
Does it turn easily, smoothly.
Can you give the Motor Shaft a spin and it will continue, somewhat ?

Quess I will find out when they do the wash. Will keep you updated. Thank you mucho gracious.
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Leave the dryer on top of the washer, it is a bit easier to work on than on your knees, bent over.........If you got down to the motor last time, when it comes to replace the motor, try this to help remove the blower from the motor shaft.....Posted Image.......Use a medium size pipe wrench on the pulley end and use a pair of slip-joint pliers inserted into the blades and a screwdriver as a handle for turning/rotating...................The pliers I have are Craftsman w/rubber coated handles.......There is an ARROW on the blower itself, so you will be turning the blower clockwise...... Have not broke off a blade yet................ This is the system I use on W/P's also...

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Dentist crew happy, dryer running as if it never hiccuped. collected service fee. Will come back & post if any thing new develops. Mucho Gracias. Hi Domo. patricio
IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics