Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
s4zando

Asko 7005 Dryer Question (Model Year 1998)

11 posts in this topic

I have an Asko 7005 Dryer (circa 1998) - I need to change the belt - no big deal there. In removing the back cover (inner and outer) and the bearing, I noticed that the "small" foam rubber seal that sits on the drive shaft, behind the rear ball bearing and the drum has disintegrated to a mere shadow of its former self.

I can't find that item on the parts list or listed with the bearings.

Anyone know how to get a replacement or figure out the part number? (might as well fix that too as long as I have everything apart!)

Thanks!

Edited by s4zando

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Question number two (number one was about a dryer, same age- )...

It's not opreating or starting when set to Program #1 (Prewash). If I turn the dial to Program #2, it works fine. It seems to me that it's probably the timer or timer motor that needs to be replaced - how should I go about verifying this? Or is there something else that I should be looking at?

(OK, yes, the washer is old, but I don't currently have the money to replace it - so let's just fix this thing and limp along as long as we can! (I know some will disagree, but really for the most part, this has been a pretty solid washer - I 've only had one other service issue in its history.))

Thanks!

./s4z

Edited by s4zando

Nope! I think that's the high-heat reset switch cover.

See the attached images - I apologize in advance for the poor photography.

First is the foam rubber "grommet" behind the ball bearing.

Asko 7005 Drum Rear Bearing and Foam Rubber "grommet"

Second is the foam rubber "grommet" with the ball bearing removed.

Asko 7005 Drum Rear Foam Rubber "grommet"

Thanks!

./s4z

bump? :)

bump? :)

I really don't think that foam is necessary. The dryer will be fine without it.

We need the full model number of the washer from the model and serial # tag to help you, not just the number off the control panel.

Don't think thats a foam seal at all - just a buildup of lint and burnt fabric fibres.

Topics merged

I've never pulled the rear bearing on one of these but that looks more like a felt oil wick to me, (to keep some lube near the bearings - although these appear to bearings that are semi-sealed with metal covers but still a felt wick would let oil gradually release and seep into the bearings).

So I got the belt installed last night and just vacuumed off the area behind the bearing - I think RoughShod was right - lint'ncrap.

Thanks for your help and guidance!

Now that I've reassembled it, I'm just going to patiently wait for the motor to go. <grin>

./s4z

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0