Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Adam Stone

Asko 7003 Dryer - My Personal Nightmare - Getting Worse - Any thoughts?

5 posts in this topic

I moved this to a new thread b/c it is no longer a belt replacement issue:

Was here:

Essentially, after replacing the belt, and both wheels I had a working dryer yesterday (tumbles, heats, blows, etc).

I noted, however, that the timer/program didn't seem to be running as it dried. I noted to wife not to leave it on until I had time to troubleshoot.

Wife left it on all night - still running when I got up this morning, but no longer any heat. No matter what program I choose - no heat.

So any thoughts on:

1. What I broke that would cause the dry program not to run correctly (not to ever turn off) (I'm guessing thermistor?)

2. What I broke by leaving it on all night that is causing no more heat to come out (heating element?)

I sort of can't bear the thought of taking this thing apart again, but I'm trying to get up the energy to do so.

Well past $250 in parts at this point. Yuck.

Many many thanks in advance.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you re-set your House Circuit Breakers

and measured for 120v and 240v at the Dryer Cord Terminal Strip ?

OR, may have jarred / broken the Heater Element

Do you not have space for a full size washer and dryer?

Have you checked the back? Some Asko models have a resettable high limit cutout in the back.

Thanks for the replies - I think the critical thing is that it was heating before it ran all night. So I did check the breaker etc, but it's fine and I don't think I damaged the heating element physically during the repair since it was working for awhile.

The high limit cutout will prevent the machine from starting - so it's not the problem.

Any thoughts about what would have caused the dryer to run continuously in the program without ever shutting down?

And yes, I don't have room for a full size...