Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung dishwasher drains,fills,begins cycle, then shuts down

Samsung dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Samsung dishwasher # DMT800RHS. Potential customer says dishwasher drains, fills, begins wash cycle then shuts down & flashes error code 36. According to my research only code that comes close is 3E water temp to hot. I figger that the termistor is not telling the truth or control board not up to snuff & last thing is heater is heating to much. Any one have experiance with this DW, do you agree with my assumptions or am I daydreaming in right field.

Astro's suck Go Rangers.

Edited by Patricio, 01 October 2012 - 11:41 PM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

I take it by the silence no one has had any experience with this dishwasher. I called the customer this morning and being away from his house, he still thinks the code is 36. I asked him when he got home for lunch to turn breaker off for a few minutes & restart machine & tell me what happens with code.
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Part number: DD94-01006A

Classic symptom of gookus in the sensor and/or the hose to the sensor... but -- Don't know what error code it would give you,

Edited by Chat_in_RI, 05 October 2012 - 05:28 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#4 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Thanks Chat. Customer flipped breaker, code disappeared, DW working fine, Has not called me saying otherwise. So for now it's OK. Thanks again for responding. Patricio
IgonFishn

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Potential customer calls me this evening.  Dishwasher is doing same thing, won't run  except He has clarified the code as 9E.    Anybody got a clue, will visit with machine Friday afternoon.   Going to ask for service manual in Manual reguests.

IgonFishn

#6 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Dishwasher is doing same thing, won't run  except He has clarified the code as 9E.   

Classic symptom of gookus in the sensor and/or the hose to the sensor... but -- Don't know what error code it would give you,

Turns out the error code IS 9E for clogged sensor (Low water level error).

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 17 January 2013 - 06:30 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#7 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Installed new case sensor, case brake, and door switch.   Replaced door switch because old one cheap plastic tab was wore out.  Now I have a LE code which causes the drain pump to run, The error code is the leak sensor sensing water that sat in the catch tray while wating for the part to arrive.  Dried tray & sensor completely, I still have the LE code,  Can push power button to power off DW for 30 seconds then DW comes back on with LE & drain pump running.  Opening door does not shut machine down, switch is new & good.   Unpluged unit while I try to figgure what is possessing this beast.  

Control board gone bonkers is what I call it.   Any one for target practice or good suggestions.   Patricio

IgonFishn

#8 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Am I the 1st to have a problem with samsung like this?   not much info to be found, the fast track does not have much for info, the unit itself had no tech sheet.  I figgured how to take the thing apart & put it back together,  Can,t get it to work much at all.    

first visit it would fill then drain immediately,  fill then drain again, then shut down with sensor code 9e.   After installing new sensor & door switch unit, when energized, goes into drain mode with pump sucking air while displaying LE code then shuts down with code being displayed.  If pushing power button unit will power down & few seconds late power back up entering drain mode displaying LE code.  Won't go into diagnostic mode, open door will not stop drain mode,  nothing short of unplugging will shut unit down.   ??????????

Maybe start throwing parts at it will get it to work agin.   

Last September customer calls saying it won't run displaying code which turns out to be 9e.  throws breaker for 10 minutes then machine works fine for 4 months, then shuts done with 9e code again.  replace parts for code & then some, water leaks into leak tray, code goes to LE sensing water leakage & open door switch does not shut down machine.   ????  I am lost for an explanation.   Tell the dude he bought an $800 piece of junk??   He expects me to repair it or at least what gives with it.   Samsung engineers funnier than Benny Hill??  Except it aint funny to the customer just out of warranty.    Tell him he should of bought an extended warranty?/  jeez

IgonFishn

#9 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Samsung dishwasher DMT800 is one POS. :down:  See above posts.

Ok Dude wants it working so I order a MCB along with a leak sensor (just in case).  Back order Parts finally arrive yesterday.  Plug unit & power up.  Unit seems normal, open door & panal flashes oE code, no water in unit.  Power off then back on now code LE.  So I disconnect everything pull D/W out flip on back & install board & leak sensor.  Hook up plumbing & electric.  Power up.  Everything normal unit does it drain mode then enters wash mode.  Water fills tub, water valve shuts off.  I wait for wash to begin...& wait...Power off ...power on...set on different cycles...all seems normal...  leave on normal cycle...washer fills..watch water go thru casebrake & case sensor...full...wait...waitt...waaittt...nothing.  put my ear to door, faint sound of hum  (motor lock)  power off power on...listen...unit fills..Quiet...then low hum (maybe moan) 

:banghead: Groan.. you got to be kidding!!  Dude can't believe it either.  ask me what next.   Buy a new washer.   No he says  fix it does not want a new one,  matches all other appliances in kitchen,  He will pay for it.  Gives me a check for the work I have done even though I say no charge, it is not working.   I am the one that's not happy big time...  :devil:  Machine is possessed.

What have I done wrong? :kopkrab:       :angel:   I left the check on the counter. 

Fixing to order sump assembly & motor.   Will charge just for parts,,, pray parts will come in timely & for exorcism. :wacko:

IgonFishn

#10 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

It is common on the DMT800 for the basket adjusters for the top rack to break and some of the tabs will get stuck in the chopper. EASY fix. Disassemble sump cover from the top and remove plastic debris. replace basket adjusters. 15-20mins. done  many with this issue.;-)

alldwbhattpage001.jpg

Edited by Ohm, 08 March 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#11 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Installed new sump assembly this afternoon.  Problem now is after unit goes thru normal wash cycle & enters drain cycle, unit drains but I have LE code again.   Samurai suggests taking hair dryer to leak sensor.  Also control panel won't go into Service Inspection Mode (diagnostic Mode).  Possible new Main PBA defective from the get go?     Any one with experience on this machine.   Kind of got a sour taste in my mouth.  :yucky:   Patricio

IgonFishn

#12 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Not sure of I have ever seen a pcb issue in the dmt800, definately not with the LE code. I have serviced (or been involved in service) with over hundred of these. Is the leak sensor seeing water or no?

#13 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yes it saw water, thought it was dried out but guess not.  My concern is that the unit will not go into service mode.  Going back to dry sensor out with heat gun.  This machine is new to me,  had the case sensor assembly gooked with snot,  & door latch allowing unit to run with door open, replaced them both. 

Then LE error little display dried out best I could. Decided to Replaced sensor, cost was nominal.

Replace PCB board cause manual said if all else was OK replace board.   Replaced board with leak senso.  Did not have 9E, LE code anymore, unit would fill & drain but circulating motor hummed.  Did not see anything in sump area that would lock it.  

Replaced sump assembly (comes with new drain & circulating pumps)  Where I am at now LE code & not able to put it into Diagnostic Guess cause of the LE code.

IgonFishn

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics