Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Shawnna

GE Profile PSS25MGNA refer - how to install water line heater thingy

6 posts in this topic

Well... I'm sick of not being able to get water through my refer door with any sort of consistency, and I've decided to install the heater kit I bought a while back.

But how do I install it?

Can someone point me to some detailed instructions pretty please?

I found this post and the pic is nice for sure.

http://fixitnow.com/...e-refrigerator/

But I need to know how to get to where it goes and then how specifcally to install the little bugger.

Edited by Shawnna

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hi Shawnna, you'll need to remove the dispenser trim piece to get to the guts of the dispenser. Unplug the fridge and then use a small straight blade screwdriver to pry out in the two small slots in the bottom edge of the trim piece. Look closely, you'll see them. Once the trim piece is out, then it's just a matter of removing the obvious parts to install the heater per the instructions that came with it.

Thank you Scott! This will be my upcoming weekend project. :)

Damned if I can see the slots to get the trim off. Are there two on the outside, bottom edge? I'm going to have to get a magnifying glass to see them I guess.

Here is what the back of the trimpiece looks like:

00698593.jpg

may be a little easier to see on this beige model

00685068.jpg