Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
scoman

Dacor RSD30 high limit reset

8 posts in this topic

We have a Dacor rsd30 dualfuel range and the oven will not heat, the coils remain cold in any baking/broil mode. I have verified power (240) to the range, and all other functions work. I was told it may be the high limit switch, and there is a way to manually reset it. I cannot find any info on the location or on how to reset it, is this something I can access and reset myself?

Thanks in advance for any help.....Scott

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

It's behind the grill, just above the door. Press the red button the hi-limit to reset it.

And no more cooking with the door open!

Thanks alot, found it and a good fix......

I used to broil that way......learning the hard way

It's behind the grill, just above the door. Press the red button the hi-limit to reset it.

And no more cooking with the door open!

Can someone clarify the location of this switch?  Mine won't heat in any mode since we ran a cleaning cycle.

Thanks.

Jack

I've removed the front cover and I can see the switch assembly. Still looking for the red button.  Too much dust...getting the shop vac out.

Thanks.

Jack

Edited by JoeIsuzu

Try this, get a good flash light, shine it into the ' air cooling grill', around the lock assy........Can you see the 'High limit switch' ????? look good.............If you find it, use a long thin screwdriver push down on the red button.....But first, turn the power 'OFF'...........Then try to reset the thermal fuse...........turn power 'on' and test............ ( one side of the switch is 'hot' all of the time ) .....

Sorry, while you were replying--I was fixing.  I looked up the part in the catalog and got a photo from 3 angles, and then found the button.  Shut off the breaker, pushed the button, turned power back on, and now it LIVES!  Thanks for your help.  This is the WORST appliance I've ever owned.

Jack