Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

AlexM

Whirlpool Gas Range Model # WFG374LVB

4 posts in this topic

This gas range runs great but gives off natural gas/carbon monoxide while the oven is preheating then the smell disipates to some degree. We are at 7,200 ft above sea level and I'm wondering if there is a high altitude flame adjustment or special flame tube. I would like to get a service manual for this unit as well, Model # WFG374LVB Thanks so much...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

gives off natural gas/carbon monoxide while the oven is preheating

How do you know this ?

Great question, I don't know this for a fact. I checked the operation of the oven and it performed as i would expect including the oven spark electrode. I pre-heated the oven to 350 and smelled odor that hinted of natural gas and some other odors. The oven is extreamely clean and used approximatly once a week. I thought initially the odor could be from the new oven smell, but the owner insist that they have used it enought that it was unlikely. Wow, i just realized i have no idea what I'm doing... Is this likely something very obvious and its a simple flame adjustment, if so, should i make the flame larger or smaller?

Manual soon available here: http://appliantology.org/files/file/373-whirlpool-freestanding-gas-range-wdirect-spark-ignition/

Carbon Monoxide has no odor, a few whiffs of gas smell during operation and heating metal/insulation etc could be considered normal operation. Do not adjust flame unless there appears to be an issue such as yellow lazy flame etc - in that case it would also give off soot which would be unmistakeable.

Doesn't seem unreasonable for the unit to have "new smells" agter a weeks use. There will come a day when the owner will miss that smell.