Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AlexM

Whirlpool Gas Range Model # WFG374LVB

4 posts in this topic

This gas range runs great but gives off natural gas/carbon monoxide while the oven is preheating then the smell disipates to some degree. We are at 7,200 ft above sea level and I'm wondering if there is a high altitude flame adjustment or special flame tube. I would like to get a service manual for this unit as well, Model # WFG374LVB Thanks so much...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

gives off natural gas/carbon monoxide while the oven is preheating

How do you know this ?

Great question, I don't know this for a fact. I checked the operation of the oven and it performed as i would expect including the oven spark electrode. I pre-heated the oven to 350 and smelled odor that hinted of natural gas and some other odors. The oven is extreamely clean and used approximatly once a week. I thought initially the odor could be from the new oven smell, but the owner insist that they have used it enought that it was unlikely. Wow, i just realized i have no idea what I'm doing... Is this likely something very obvious and its a simple flame adjustment, if so, should i make the flame larger or smaller?

Manual soon available here: http://appliantology.org/files/file/373-whirlpool-freestanding-gas-range-wdirect-spark-ignition/

Carbon Monoxide has no odor, a few whiffs of gas smell during operation and heating metal/insulation etc could be considered normal operation. Do not adjust flame unless there appears to be an issue such as yellow lazy flame etc - in that case it would also give off soot which would be unmistakeable.

Doesn't seem unreasonable for the unit to have "new smells" agter a weeks use. There will come a day when the owner will miss that smell.