Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermador Wall Oven CM302US -- beeping and no function

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

So I'm getting conflicting advice and I want to turn to this crowd for some assistance.

This is a double oven with a microwave/convection oven on top and electric oven on bottom.

6 months ago, the top oven read "f34," emitted a beeping noise and became non functional.

Two weeks ago, the bottom oven started beeping and is also non functional.

I called the tech line when I was at the house, and the guy seemed to be rushing to get me off the phone. (I think Bosch tech line guys get paid by the number of calls processed. Frigidaire/Electrolux, for all their faults, will stay on with you the whole damn day.) He said "F34? No problem. Replace your cooling fan and your sail switch."

When I asked if that would also keep the lower oven from functioning he said, "yeah yeah yeah," and told me to have a good day.

I asked a senior technician who I trust his thoughts, and he was all for replacing the sail switch, but said the fan was probably fine.

Anyone run into anything similar before? The bottom oven not working is not making sense to me. I've been trying to download the tech manual for it, but bsh portal site keeps crashing my computer.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

does the Fan work ?

from another model:
F34 Upper Oven Cooling Fan Air Switch Not Detected.

1. Air Switch.
2. Cooling Fan.
3.An Open Circuit In The Upper Oven Air Switch Wiring.

1. Replace air switch.
2. Replace cooling fan.
3. Check all connections. Check that the solder joints in header P6 on the control display PCB are not broken.

... if the air switch circuit is not completed within 40 seconds,
the board will interpret an cooling fan fault and display an F34 error code for the upper oven,
and an F64 error code for the lower oven.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,053 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

That "sail switch" as it is commonly called, is famous for getting gunked up with grease and going bad. ==> http://www.repaircli.../413121/1048224

Posted Image

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Look behind the bottom trim, the 'sail' switch(s) should be right there.............With the bottom trim removed, start the upper oven and feel for the air flow and look to see which 'sail' switch is not moving in the air flow......If the switch does not close, you will get the F code.....To back up the diagnostic test, use a hooked devise and pull the sail switch towards you, that should satisfy the control.......I change both, cuz they are like headlights, the second one is due to fail soon.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics