Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana, Iowa Whirlpool Refrigerator Engineers are on Drugs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Whirlpool Bottom Mount Refrigerator Model # GB2FHDXWS02. This rack contraption for the freezer is nuts. It used to be so easy to take out the sliding freezer drawer and the sliding upper rack and the drawer glides, but after Whirlpool bought Maytag out, they redesigned the whole set up and now you actually have to unscrew both the top and lower rails before you can take the drawer out. Getting the upper rack out is easy, but getting it back in is ridiculous. In my opinion, the customer should be able to remove the drawers and the racks out of the freezer compartment. Does anybody have any secrets or shortcuts for reinstalling the top rack back in the freezer compartment?

One last thing, these "Jazz" boards, part # 12868513 http://www.repaircli...2868513/1472681 are still failing left and right. Not that I'm complaining, because it's an easy and profitable repair, but seriously, Whirlpool has to revise these boards because the failure rate is ridiculous. This unit I worked on today was only around 2 years old, and when I forced it into defrost mode, the compressor still kept running. The compressor still kept on running even when I shut the unit completely off. I guess they need to beef up the relay that turns the compressor on and off on this wonderful "Jazz" board.
Scott Wolf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Amana, Iowa Whirlpool Refrigerator Engineers are on Drugs

:beatnik:
https://www.maytag.c...- W10366204.pdf
from PDF page 7 of the user manual:
Remove and Replace Freezer Drawer
IMPORTANT:
■ Two people may be required to remove and replace the freezer drawer.
■ All graphics are included later in this section after “Final Steps.”
Remove Drawer Front
1. Open the freezer drawer to full extension.
2. Loosen the four screws attaching the drawer glides to the drawer front.
See Drawer Front Removal graphic.
NOTE: Loosen screws three to four turns. Keep the screws in the drawer front.
3. Lift drawer front upward and off the screws.
See Drawer Front Removal graphic.

Replace Drawer Front
1. Slide the drawer glides out of the freezer compartment.
Insert the screws in the top of the drawer front into the slots in the drawer brackets.
See Drawer Front Replacement graphic.
2. Pull the drawer brackets toward you to insert the two screws in the bottom of the drawer front into the brackets.
See Drawer Front Replacement graphic.
3. Completely tighten the four screws.

Final Steps
1. Check all holes to make sure that hole plugs and screws are in place.
Reinstall top hinge cover as shown in Top Hinge graphic.
2. Replace the base grille.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,807 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

That top rack assembly in the freezer is INSANE! I've already had to deal with two of them for plugged condensate drain problems. The work-around solution I figured out was that the back tab on ONE of the the plastic gear rails (doesn't matter which one) will have to remain outside the liner. As long as the other rail is properly installed and the gear and axle assembly is properly aligned with both rails, the upper rack will still open and close with the same feel and resistance. This work-around is not visible to the customer and does not affect the structural integrity of the upper rack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics