Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
herfdog

Kenmore Oasis washer 110.27092601

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone ran into this problem before? The washer is level and the suspension is good yet the machine continually faults out of balance with loads of all sizes. When load is rearranged the problem persists. I ran it in service mode with no problems, no stored faults, not unusually wobbly. Any suggestions?

thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You need to replace all 4 of the suspension rods as a kit. Even though they look all right, they aren't.

http://www.repaircli...0189077/1456067

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same fault after replacing suspension kit. Any other ideas?

The rotor and stator at the very bottom of the machine may have worked it's way loose. Try tightening the large hex screw. As a last resort, they also suggest replacing the electronic control board. The new electronic control is supposed to have upgraded software to be more tolerant with unbalanced loads.

Replacing the spin basket fixed the one that i had that would go out of balance. This went out of balance empty though.

I never liked ANY ot the top loading washers that don't have an agitator. They may wash well, but they suck in durability and reliability.The Whirlpool Calypso was a POS, The Cabrio/Oasis is a POS plus. When I worked for Maytag Factory Service we called the Neptune T/L the clothes shredder.

I never liked ANY ot the top loading washers that don't have an agitator. They may wash well, but they suck in durability and reliability.The Whirlpool Calypso was a POS, The Cabrio/Oasis is a POS plus. When I worked for Maytag Factory Service we called the Neptune T/L the clothes shredder.

We call the Neptune T/L the cement mixer

The rotor and stator at the very bottom of the machine may have worked it's way loose. Try tightening the large hex screw. As a last resort, they also suggest replacing the electronic control board. The new electronic control is supposed to have upgraded software to be more tolerant with unbalanced loads.

I have seen a loose rotor bolt cause a off balance code and a f51 code many times.

you could have clothes stuck in the bottom of the tub under the basket

...not unusually wobbly. Any suggestions?

thanks

Well, if it's faulting out of balance, when it is not observably out of balance, that says software error to me.

'Course, it's almost a reflex for me to suspect the board nowadays.

Pull the basket and inspect the main shaft. If it's all rusted or covered with crud, it will cause the basket to hang up when moving up and down between the wash and spin positions. Clean the shaft and the inside of the basket bearing, you may need steel wool or sand paper. Then put a thin coating of grease on both surfaces and re-assemble. Give it a test.

Thanks to you all. I have a few issues to look at the most likely being it "is a POS". The control electronics sounds possible although I replaced that along with cleaning up the RPS connections for an F-51 fault a little over two years ago.