Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Refigerator issues GE Model GSS25LGMB BB

water filter broken refrigerator food freezing Temperature indicator not on

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

This Filter ?

Water-Filter-MWF-01014666.jpg
http://www.repaircli...ter/MWF/1156599

Did Ya catch that note in the link about the required adaptor ?

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Haydad

Haydad

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Question - Installed a new water head assembly. I was under the impression that the filter could be change without turning off the water supply. A new filter, when the filter was removed water came leaking out at pretty good clip. I had to turn off the water supply. Also, received the cap, that can be installed when the filter assembly is not installed. When the cap is removed from the filter assembly, should water come out at a pretty good clip from the filterhead assembly? Do I have a defective system to believe with.

Thank you

How should

#23 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

when the filter was removed water came leaking out at pretty good clip.

How good a clip? Would it continue to dribble out indefinitely or did it stop after a few moments?

Where did you buy the new filter head assembly?

#24 Haydad

Haydad

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Purchased it from Fox Appliance. It was a GE part.

The water came out so fast all I wanted to do is turn it off. This weekend I'll test it. If the filter, or the plug is removed should any water come out?

Thanks

#25 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yes - you need to have either the filter or bypass plug in place
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#26 Haydad

Haydad

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

kdog - It was tested as mentioned above and water does come our rapidly when the filter is removed. But the memory, from about 5 years ago, doesn'e recall getting under the sink and turnong off the water. So it was off the the GE web site and the manual was downloaded, see attached. According to the manual all you need to do is remove the filter properly and the water does not have to be turned off.

File was too big to download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics