Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Back again for more advice LA5430XTN0 Washer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 puppyduks

puppyduks

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

It looks like I'm never going to get around to fixing my dishwasher... now I have another washing machine problem.

This is my church's washing machine. They can't afford to get a new one so I said I would take a look at it. It's a Whirlpool heavy duty vintage machine. Model #LA5430XTNO, SERIAL # C91401792 STOCK# LA5430T.

Some of the 0's might be zeros or letters, I was not able to get a good read on the silver plate.

The washing machine is completely dead when I try it on any cycle. Pull the knob out and complete silence, not even a click.

I know it is getting power because I plugged the electric weed wacker in and it worked just fine.

What could it be? I am thinking the timer?

By the way, my washing machine that I fixed yesterday (instead of working on my dishwasher) was refusing to drain or spin. I bailed out the water and checked the drain pump. It looked great, so did all the hoses. The problem turned out to be the lid latch. It had broken so the lid was not depressing anything. Put a new lid latch on and I now have clean jeans. :)

What would I do without you guys??? This has been the best $35 I have ever spent! Thanks for providing this great resource.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Flip the console open and look for any obvious burnt wire etc - water level switch terminals etc.
It may be necessary to make some voltage measurements in there

Added model number to topic title
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

LA5430XTN0
Whirlpool Direct Drive c. 1989
No Water Filling ?
No Timer Motor advance ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 puppyduks

puppyduks

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

As usual, I took pictures. :)

Thanks for your replies. To confirm, there is no action from this machine at all. Completely dead. Due to its age I am tempted to tell them to just try to scrounge up $200 for a good newer model used one. What would you advise them? It's a church on a shoestring budget.

For your viewing pleasure:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

There is also a little green ground wire on the back of the cabinet, that is just hanging there connected to... nothing. Not sure what it's for.

#5 puppyduks

puppyduks

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

I found this gem on Craigslist. Not practical but pretty darn cool.
Posted Image

#6 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

http://www.repaircli...mber=LA5430XTN0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics