Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG 30" under counter 0ven

Testing oven relays testing relays

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GDunham

GDunham

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:MEADE

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

LG (Mod LWS3081ST /00... F9 error, no heating. Have tested all elements and thermostat per tech sheet. All are to specs. Do not know how to test relays for the individual elements. Need to find out if it is the relay board or the system board. Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 GDunham

GDunham

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Scratch that last post. The thermostat is bad (open, no continuity). But on further inspection the plastic has melted at one of the leads on the thermostat. What would cause that? I would still like to know how to check relays as well. Again, thanks in advance.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,873 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

This thermostat? ==> http://www.repaircli...er=LWS3081ST/00

Posted Image

#4 GDunham

GDunham

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Thats the one. Checked with LG, the thermostat is rated at 25A 180C but the oven has two 20A fuses. I'm thinking the only way to melt the plastic would be excess current or heat. But only one lead shows signs of melting. The lead comes directly from the 20A fuse??? Any ideas? Thanks.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,873 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Melted plastic body housings and burnt electrical connections are almost always caused by loose electrical connections. Loose connections make heat. Terminals get loose and sloppy over time and eventually arcing starts occurring. It's the type of stuff that keeps up Master Appliantologists in bidness!

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Here's some good ones:
http://www.repaircli...A037981/1206527

Wire-Connector-MA03798-1-01034222.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Note that during self clean cycle, surfaces within oven become very hot if built into a tight space - can cause tripping of those as well.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 GDunham

GDunham

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

To my sometimes lucid host and roughshod, thanks for the insight and links.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics