Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

bearings? frigidaire front loader FWT445GES2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 occidental tourist

occidental tourist

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Harpoon IPA

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Anybody ever had to do major surgery on one of these. I've got half a dozen in service and constantly monitor search tempest for more. The only thing I have ever had to do is replace the pump on a couple of them. One came up today on search tempest, essentially, "you take it away, needs rear bearing".

I can't find a rear bearing in the parts breakdown. From the diagram looks like the bearing might be in the rear tub housing and you have to buy the whole thing? That puts the deal right off the table because the housing appears to be around $250 which is more than I usually pay for one of these washers, nevermind the time to put it in.

Also, don't see any front bearing surfaces that I can identify. Wondering if the basket could possibly be hung from the rear like the early maytag driers that were built to double as concrete mixers or . . .

Maybe if an enterprising guy could break this down and get a bearing from a bearing house and press it in to the existing tub this might be worthwhile as a teaching moment for what to do when my other units age.

Any thoughts on these appreciated.

brian

PS- I suppose I should be in search of a manual that covers this line of machines. thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

The rear bearings are factory installed into the outer tub and sold as an assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=FWT445GES2

Posted Image

Wouldn't be surprised if you needed the inner basket, too-- the drum support spider is famous for corroding and failing ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=FWT445GES2

Posted Image

Can be hard to distinguish between inner basket and rear bearing failure so, for the trouble involved, it's usually best to replace both. front load washer washouts was the topic of the last issue of the Appliantology newsletter ==> http://appliantology...asher-washouts/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics