Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire double oven RBGB99CH

Old oven

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Have a new customer, 93 years old. reminds me of my grandfather. Has some things I looked at he would like repaired.

Ist double oven Frigidaire made by General Electric model # RBG-B-99CH. Unit is very good looking. Does not work, clock not working, control settings not working. Have not tore into oven control assembly, only stopped by last night to look & gather serial numbers.

Question are there components available to repair unit? Tech/repair manuals, any information to make it work again.

Venting hood over cook-top is extremely clean & works, 2 controls, 3 speed fan switch & on-low-high light switch. Missing a knob on light switch & fan knob cracked. Nu tone model3050. Any help with new parts here. Figger I can out new switches in if I have to, do they come with nobs?

All help is genuinely appreciated.
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Parts for Oven

Any of these look familiar ?
http://www.repaircli...9360119/1172974

Knob-S99360119-00776586.jpg
http://www.repaircli...897A000/1094154

Control-Knob-Kit-2897A000-00903274.jpg
http://www.repaircli...9360118/1172973

Knob-S99360118-01021602.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I believe one of those will work. The light switch one is missing & I am not sure if it mounts the same. I'll have another look. How bout hooking me up with a link for the switch replacement. I'd like to look at that. You guys are awsome.
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Correction, this is a Frigidaire that was made by General Motors, the car company, not General Electric.
Scott Wolf

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Switches
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

GM made appliances back then? They use to make vehicles well until the '80's, then they went to crap. I switched to Ford & continue with Ford today. (Gone off subject). Would like to find a panel to repair the oven. old Guy would really like that, His wife use to bake for him.
IgonFishn

#7 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

The rocker switches won't work with this style, the 1st switch is the style but I have to purchase a knob for it. I need a fan switch that has 3 speeds. The other switches still work, just hard to turn, Maybe because they need new lnobs for leverage.
IgonFishn

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

GM made appliances back then? They use to make vehicles well until the '80's, then they went to crap. I switched to Ford & continue with Ford today. (Gone off subject). Would like to find a panel to repair the oven. old Guy would really like that, His wife use to bake for him.

I couldn't agree more. Around the 80's is when I stopped liking General Motors cars. I would rather push or tow a Ford rather than drive a GM or a Chrysler.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics