Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore (Whirlpool) 110.29962890 noisy, no spin

Kenmore Whirlpool top loadspin direct-drive spin

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

And let me just anticipate Reginald posting GE's recent recall of the front load washers. (He loves to do that :smokin: ).

already had checked after your first post ... :whistling:
http://appliantology...-injury-hazard/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Tampa Patty

Tampa Patty

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Holy Mackerel

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Gasp. Samurai. I have to collect myself. A GE? I'm reeling from this assault on the foundation of my fledgling appliantology belief system.

As for me, taking a cue from you guys, I rented a U-Haul and answered my first-ever Craigslist ad today.

Here's what I learned. (It's going to sound made up, but I think it's actually true):

Once upon a time, a couple bought a new house that came with an unused, top-load Whirlpool washer and matching dryer. But the couple already a front-loader set, so they didn't even unwrap the plastic. The Whirlpool W&D sat, ignored, in their garage. Eventually the Whirlpool W&D sold to a friend. He used them for only a few MONTHS before illness struck and he decided to sell belongings and join family in Asia. Enter Craigslist.

Introducing the latest members of my household: DIRECT-DRIVE Whirlpool "Commercial Quality Extra Large Capacity" washer LXR7244PQ4 and dryer LER4634PQ1.

I looked up the parts diagram and said, "I recognize this washer."
A teeny dent. Otherwise immaculate. "Shiny and new." Not a spot of rust. No funky noises.
What I paid for the pair: $375.

Attached Files

#23 delawaredrew

delawaredrew

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Maytag Bravos MVWB750Y c.2011 ... is a "direct drive", but not the usual direct drive
(I'm not sure of their repair history)

Whirlpool LXR7244PQ c.2003 is a "regular" direct drive

Yeah I should have specified that it is the newer style non-gearcase direct drive. By the time I started seeing WHPL washers the old (super-reliable) style were on the way out. I've learned the terminology from newer FL machines like LGs.
I have on older direct drive that I will keep running as long as I can. I bought it used for $75 a few years back and have never turned a screw on it. I actually like the design enough to have a entire spare machine in the garage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kenmore, Whirlpool, top loadspin, direct-drive, spin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics