Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

delawaredrew

Kenmore 10657572790

5 posts in this topic

HI guys...

I'm trying to help a friend by phone on his kenmore side x side. It frequently warms up and allows all to melt. He says that it restarts when he turns the control (in beer side) to full cold and back. It's been doing this for several months and when it cools it goes all out and freezes everything. I'm leaning toward the defrost control board but am not sure what function the thermostat plays in this unit.

Is the thermostat control (at the knob) just a potentiometer to tell the board what to do or does it still have some thermo control? The machine does not have ice on freezer wall or anything that I would look for as a sign of defrost heater failure. I would have expected a unit problem to have progressed toward failure by now.

I don't work on fridges at all now and only ever worked on GE so this unit is not familiar to me.

Thanks

Drew

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

SO...the cold control does still act as a old style thermostat, the board is only defrost... that helps! Thanks! Is this a common failure on these?

yes...very common.

1 person likes this

Reports after 10 hours with new cold control are good. Fridge is cycling normally so far. Thanks for the help!

2 people like this