Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ge Refer Mod#PFS22MISBWW isnt cooling

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

When I first looked at unit compressor wasn't running and neither was condenser fan.I replaced the board as it wasn't sending proper voltage to the condenser fan. Condenser fan came right on, but compressor would click. So I replaced PTC and unit started working normally. I checked temps for about ten minutes in freezer and fridge there were dropping fast and ice was forming on evaporator. I get a call this morning saying refer isn't cooling again. I am thinking bad PTC maybe again as I have gotten 1 lately that was bad from factory, but if it isn't any ideas where to look? Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

It depends on what you see when you go back. Did you follow the instruction sheet that came with the new mutha board?
Posted Image
http://www.repaircli...5X10942/1531075
Let us know if the compressor is not running again or whatever else you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics