Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ASKO W600 Washing Machine - Door Latch Broken

asko washing door broken technical manual

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 snelljm

snelljm

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:local brews

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Does anyone have a technician's guide to the ASKO W600 washer? The latch on the door finally broke and I just received a new door (ordered the sensor too... just in case). Now I just want to collect a manual in case I need to take the sucker apart. The manual that came with the machine is not technical. Thanks all.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 atcherservice

atcherservice

Master of Monkeys

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

here is the service book for ASKO 600

ASKO Service book 600 email me and I will send the file it was too big to upload here-Ken
kjagmin@hotmail.com

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

in the Downloads section:
http://appliantology...service-manual/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 snelljm

snelljm

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Okay I will looking through the manual. Meanwhile here is the status on the ASKO W600 washing machine problems:

1) Broken door latch problem. The door is replaced (the full door assembly). Door fits and works fine. Ran a cycle. No leaks from door but...

2) the long standing problem of water leaking from the bottom of the washer is significantly worse and now the tub does not rotate. My guess is that there is not enough remaining water to trigger the drum to rotate. After watching (and listening to an entire wash cycle) there were no error codes but the tub never rotated and when the cycle ended, the door did not release.

3) Door locking sensor may also need replacing. I anticipated that and ordered the part when I ordered the door since even before the final latch break, the door would periodically not release without using the emergency plastic manual release in the lower front pump area.

4) Even though I routinely clean the pump trap, the heaviest leaking is coming from around that area of the bottom front of the machine. Without the manual, I only removed the top cover and from what I could see no hoses were questionable looking but I will know more once I can get a look at the bottom of the washer.

From the top view (will upload picture tomorrow), the ASKO W600 was amazingly clean and didn't look like a 13 year old machine. Wow..... those Swedish folks were way ahead of the curve on front loader design and assembly. As much as I try to buy American, quality matters and there were few choices available in 1998 when we were looking into high efficiency washers and dryers.

Working my real (read: paying) job today but will resume my appliance work tomorrow after looking over the manual. Thanks all. -Judy

PS. With a listed capacity of 1.9, this size has worked well for two people. I even wash our queen size comforter in it.
With houseguests now, recent levels of laundry meant more items were stuffed into the washer.... which may have aggravated our long standing (and ignored by me) water leaks from the base of the washer into the (no longer ignorable) current water leaking crisis.... where almost all of it runs out soon after the water is pumped in. Yikes.....

Edited by snelljm, 22 October 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#5 snelljm

snelljm

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Nov 12, 2012 ASKO W600 Washer Repair - Status Update.
Original Problem: plastic latch broken on front door panel and dramatic increase in water leaking from bottom of machine.
1) Problem with broken door latch is fixed.
2) Lock Switch. Not knowing if it needs replacing (but ordering the part anyway) I have not attempted to replace door lock switch. [Repair Clinic part number Item # 764056 Manufacturer Number 8061679
3) Water leak source. Tested washer with top and front panel removed. Found two sources of water leaking from the pump hose [Repair Clinic part number Item # 764058 Manufacturer Number 8061681]

At this point, I stopped to wait until the technical manual could be obtained before any more dis-assembly. [actually, I was busy with auto dramas at our house] Meanwhile it was necessary to clean all the debris and disgusting stuff inside the base of the machine from months of water leaking.

Now I am preparing to order the pump hose and wonder if anyone has done this before? Any advice?

All the other hoses seem fine and considering the age of this machine (1998) it is remarkable how sturdy and reliable everything else seems as I looked inside. Pictures will be uploaded once I remember how to do that from home. So that's where I am until this weekend. [Have to pay attention to my paying job first] -Judy

#6 snelljm

snelljm

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Anybody have advice before I order the pump hose for my ASKO W600? I plan to replace it myself and wonder if I should consider replacing other hoses. None have leaks or look weak but hey... what do I know?

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

If they're not leaking for chaffed, there's no need to replace them. Carry on with your plan and let us know how it goes. Post photos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics