LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Replacing a Spark Module.......

DeathStalker

I've done all the trouble shooting here:

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2004/09/17/appliance-repair-revelation-troubleshooting-gas-stove-burner-ignition-problems/

and determined that the spark module on a Jennaire Expressions Model:cvgx2423w needs replaced. As best I can figure, I don't need to mess with the gas for this. Am I correct in that assumption?

Also I perused the manual stash site but I couldn't find the nmanual for this puppy. Did I miss it of is there not one?

On another note: When I was checking out the igniters and such on that Model:cvgx2423w, I noticed that the fan was not plugged in. I plugged it in and tried it and it didn't work. No one "complained' about that but I was wondering if there was something I could check that may lead to a quick fix for that.

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeathStalker

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• RegUS_PatOff

Top Posters In This Topic

... I couldn't find the nmanual for this puppy. Did I miss it of is there not one?

... I noticed that the fan ... didn't work ... if there was something I could check that may lead to a quick fix for that.

1) there is now

2) w/ (2) Fan Service Bulletins

http://appliantology...anual-16010242/

click on picture

Fan-or-Light-Switch-74009254--00887621.jpg

12002045 kit

Part number: 12002045

Part number: 12002045

Konichi-wa exalted masters of the sublime order of appliantologists. (and as usual I ordered the part from our sponsor).

Thanks for the fan updates. I have to contact the homeowner about it as this is a rental property. Unfortunately the home owner is in Singapore lol so communications aren't always fast. They may want to hold of on the fan. I think they are going to completely redo the house when they return. If brother Barry wins the election they will be there a couple more years but if he loses, they have to vacate the emabassy by the date of the inaguration (the hubby is Ambassador).

Edit: Oh and double thanks for the quick reply. I should have checked again last night and ordered then.

Edited by DeathStalker