Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Ye Olde Crap Trap Enema

washer front load drain

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,174 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

In this thrilling episode of hand-to-machine combat, Samurai Appliance Repair Man is called in to fix a no-drain complaint in a front load washer. Watch in horrified amazement as the Samurai takes you deep inside the bowels of a front load washer to clean out the gookus caught in the drain pump suction boot. The moral of the story: empty your pockets before you do the wash! After watching this video, you, too, will be inspired become an appliance repair rock star!

You can find whatever appliance part you need through the parts search box right here at The Appliantology Academy. No harm in buying and trying with our 365-day, no-hassle return policy, even on electrical parts that were installed!

Subscribe to our FREE, award-winning newsletter, Appliantology: The Oracle of Appliance Enlightenment ==> http://newsletter.appliantology.org and download your free report on appliance brand recommendations! Every issue is jam-packed with appliance repair tips and inside information direct from the Samurai's fingertips to your engorged and tingling eyeballs.

The Appliance Guru provides prompt, convenient service in the following towns in New Hampshire: New London, Elkins, Wilmot, Springfield, Georges Mills, Sunapee, Mt. Sunapee, Newbury, Sutton, Bradford, Warner, Grantham, and the Eastman Community. Visit our website for more info and a discount coupon on your next service call ==> http://applianceguru.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

How could you not title the video "Ye Olde CrapTrap Enema" ??

Looks like free Coffee for the service guy !
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,174 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

How could you not title the video "Ye Olde CrapTrap Enema" ??

Ugh! What the hell was I thinking!? :wallbash:

Title edited. :thumbsup:

#4 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Been meaning to ask about the gitmo clamp pliers.Where do you find them?

#5 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Noticed you din't show how to get that boot back on. I would rather wrastle a wild monkeys asz than fiddle with that. Worst design I ever seen.

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,174 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

I couldn't show it on account of all the adult language spewing forth during re-assembly and I try to keep at least an R-rating on my videos.   :blinky:

#7 frunch

frunch

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:River Horse Hipp-O-Lantern Pumpkin Ale

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Having dealt with the same frustration of re-installing the boot to the pump enough times myself, I replace the green spring-type clamp with an adjustable hose clamp that you can tighten with a nut driver.

#8 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,722 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Having dealt with the same frustration of re-installing the boot to the pump enough times myself, I replace the green spring-type clamp with an adjustable hose clamp that you can tighten with a nut driver.

That's what we do as well.... to honor the moment, we ceremoniously throw the spring clamp away as far as possible.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,174 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Years ago, I was in a training class-- forget which manufacturer, doesn't matter-- and someone asked why they used those damn GITMO spring clamps instead of screw clamps.  We all guessed it was to save $0.3 per unit in production costs.  The instructor said they deliberately did not use screw clamps because they have a nasty habit of rusting and breaking, producing a flood next time the washer pumps out.  We all looked at each other with that look, "Oh.  I never thought of that."  So I bought a pair of spring clamp pliers and have not replaced a spring clamp with a screw clamp since.   It's still a beeotch but now it's one you can do with merely R-rated language.  

#10 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,722 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Damn! There goes the ritual.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics