Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Patricio

Frigidaire stack washer FEX831CS0

30 posts in this topic

I could be wrong, but I believe that bearing is for the old style Slinky spring - the newer transmission is mfr'd different - here is the breakdown:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The tranny has a longer lower bearing shaft that goes thru the plate. There is no oil slung around, the basket rotates both direction, the motor comes up to full speed, the unit roars like a freight train, when turning by hand there is a clicking sound every now & then, thepully slips in one direction but turns the trans I belive in a clockwise direction. I will be tearing into it sometime after the 6th, when the parts show up.

I could be wrong, but I believe that bearing is for the old style Slinky spring - the newer transmission is mfr'd different - here is the breakdown:

Kdog, that bearing I linked to is for the newer transmissions with the one way bearing not the transmission with the LGS spring. I didn't know it was even available and it's not listed in any of the parts break downs. I found it when searching Ebay for the transmission.

Also, it appears from the parts breakdown that you posted, the plastic "lower transmission block sleeve" goes in the bottom of the bearing block. I'm pretty sure the bearing is just pressed onto the lower transmission shaft and into the lower bearing block.

A bearing separator, (available at Harbor Freight), maybe the way to go to get the old bearing and block off the lower transmission shaft.

Getting my ducks lined up. Thanks everybody, keep the input coming, I love this site. A challenge is very stimulating especially at my age. Yea buddy. :thanks:

Update. Parts came today, I went on the attack. Thanks KDOG for the electric box/spring trick & everything else. I've fought a lot of springs in my day, these large springs were a fight also, but with the tip you gave it was much easier (I did not say easy) Basket assembly is out. I have picture before & after. Next I tackle getting the tranny out of the basket, then off the bottom cradle. I am busy next few days hope to attack again Saturday late. Customer is fantastic, supportive, young guy who is not mechanically inclined, appreciates mechanics/technicians. (side note we need more like him) :thumbsup:

If some one ( Hint: Samurai :samurai: You tube, picture posting producer) could blog video how to edit a video to post, pictures to the posting pics/videos/editing illiterates, i would attempt to post to enlighten others on how to take on time consuming jobs. :blinky:

As it is I am not going to make a lot of cash to work ratio, I am doing something I really like to do, The satisfaction of a job well done cannot be measured, everything else, that's what MasterCard is for :yes::thumbsup::teehee::rocker: Peace love dove.......More to come, stay tuned :teehee::samurai::teehee: