Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
aasnowskate

Maytag FAV6800AWW stopping at 31 min

10 posts in this topic

Had a customer call to say her Maytag Neptune is stopping at 31 minutes into the cycle. It does not go any further than that. She has unplugged the machine, starts the cycle back up and has the same problem. I Haven't been there to check it out yet. Just seeing if anyone has had this problem. She did not say if there was and error code.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like the cold water fill is not working or the drain pump isn't working to drain the water out of the machine. You need to find out if there is a fault code.

Rinse is done with cold water and that's about the time in the cycle for it. If the cold water flow is restricted, replace the water inlet valve ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/12002242/1032809?modelNumber=FAV6800AWW

In case it turns out to be the drain pump as Scottthewolf suggested, here's the part link for that ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/25001052/1033134?modelNumber=FAV6800AWW

Thanks for the reply. We can't get out to the customer until friday. Big storm here in Pennsylvania.

She claims there is no falt code. I figured it is the pump, but I will check the inlet valve and let you know.

Thanks for the replies. I'll know what is up on Friday.

Went and checked out the washer. I found a dime in the pump. Didn't see it until I wrung out the towel though. That was the first time I worked on the Neptune with the two discs at the bottom of the tub. If someone try to sell me a washer with two discs at the bottom of the tub I would laugh in their face.

Hopefully that engineer went onto better things.

... Neptune with the two discs at the bottom of the tub.

... try to sell me a washer with two discs at the bottom of the tub I would laugh in their face.

M0602242-00004.png

I've worked on at least 100 of these stinkers, and words can not express how much I hate them. I can fix them, but I hate them so bad I feel bad when I fix one. I'm glad the parts are getting expensive, more people junk them, and that makes me feel a little better.

Nick

that makes me feel a little better.

And when that doesn't work:

post-397-0-93041100-1352512820_thumb.jpg

I am happy every time i condem a neptune TL(cement mixer) or a calypso.

N ot

E nough

P arts

T o I think the name says it all

U ndo

N egative

E ngineering