Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

llky

Frigidaire freezer not getting cold

12 posts in this topic

Have this Frigidaire up right freezer model FFU20FC4AW0 that was at 38 degrees.The cold control could not be turned past no.3 on the knob,so I changed out the cold control.Now the freezer won't get coulder than 18 degrees no matter what number I put the knob on.Also the sides of the freezer does not get warm like it used to.Can someone tell me what is going on with this freezer?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Compressor running?

Yes the compressor runs .

what part number Cold Control did you use ?

If the Compressor keeps running and doesn't pull down below 18 degrees you gawt a sealed system issue, not worth the $$$ for a chest freezer - buy new

Thanks guys for all the help.The cold control part no was 213715200.I was kinda thinking that I would probably have to replace this freezer.Thanks again for the info and help.

By model number, this is an up-right freezer.............Evaporator p/n 216997300 is only /about 150.00 clams plus shipping....( 70.00 Clams at Sears ).................. New 20 C.F. freezer is going for $ 600 at Sears..................This evaporator appears to fail quite a bit......... ( read a post in the section General Appliance repair under 'What are the Odds )........... If ya got all of the tools and the unit is in good shape, FIX-IT........

Let me get this straight guys, you want an apprentice to replace an evaporator?

Ouch, an arrow through the heart......That is his listing on this web site....He could be a Master tech. masquerading as an apprentice.................If the unit is his, what a grand opportunity to do the job....If he replaces the evaporator and it works, ( A lesson taught is a lesson learned ) he has just taught himself some thing all techs need to know ( for getting $$$$ )................ Hopefully he has some guidance, that is what some of us are here for.............. But if he screws up, he does not need to replace it for the customer....... He can keep redoing it till he gets it correct..... :thumbsup:

He can keep redoing it till he gets it correct

Or runs out of cap tube

Doesn't every tech carry a cap. tube stretcher in their service van ?????