Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool side by side water dispenser problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SKB

SKB

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:50 PM

Have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator with water and ice dispenser in the freezer side door. Approximately 5 years old. For some time now, when I push on the water dispenser lever, the water takes longer and longer before water comes out. Towards the end, sometimes 30 seconds or so. Now water won't come out at all. Ice dispenser works fine. I assume there is a switch plus some kind of a solenoid. Are they behind the dispenser? Or in rear? Also curious as to how the water even gets to the dispenser, doesn't appear that it comes thru the hinges, :D. Any advice appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:02 AM

need your model for full help but it sound like you have a water valve problem
Fix On

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

Are you on a well?  Might have sediment accumulation on the water valve's protective screen.

#4 SKB

SKB

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:28 PM

Model number is ED22TQXFW00. Does this model have a screen and if so, is it near the water valve? Before valve or after valve? Or right in valve itself? Don't have well water , but city water that is hard. It appears this model has a dual valve, 1 for ice and one for water. The ice maker works fine. Is it possible only one side went bad? Is that likely or more likely screen plugged up? Don't see a filter in diagram. Still curious as to how water reaches dispenser from water valve, does it drop down the ice chute area somehow? Thanks

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:04 PM

The screen is built into the inlet end of the water valve. Both valves will bave a screen. Can be hard to see on doubles that have a yoked inlet-- best determined by elimination; if you have good pressure at the inlet but cruddy pressure out of the valve, replace the valve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics