Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Flood-Safe hoses

and the d-bags that buy them

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

How many times have you run a call that the problem was the Food-Safe hoses not allowing waterflow into the washer? Well, today I had another one and for added drama toss in a customer who thinks he knows what's going on, but actually he is just an ass.

The complaint was no water entering machine, no hot or cold fill. I get there, turn it on, and I can hear the coils on the fill valve humming. I check to see if the water is turned on and discover that these are Flood-Safe hoses. I remove the hoses from the washer ends and show the customer the hoses are not allowing any water to pass.

Now assman decides to inform me that "the check valves have been taken out" and the problem "must be the washing machine". I tell him the check valve is inside the hose, and it most certainly was not removed, although I could see someone had broke out the centers of the flow restricters. So, I get a normal hose from my truck and put it on the cold valve, now water goes in. He doesn't believe me, so I do the same with the hot. I did the demonstration for him a second time and this dipshit still says the problem can't be the hoses because his insurance company said he had to use them. I tell him those hoses will not work and I find them bad all the time. At this point I decide my visit to Moronville was over, I'll leave him with his special hoses and what ever mental defect he caries.

Before I left, I told him if his insurance company said he had to use Flood-Safe hoses, and he had a flood claim, they would demand to inspect the hoses before making any payment. If they found the hoses modified, you can be sure they will not pay for any damages.

Is this really my life?
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Did you collect a donkey fee?
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

They paid the deductable on their home warrenty, $60 isn't near enough.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics