Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Marcplante

Sanyo BC-1206 Bad kegerator FROZE MY BEER

6 posts in this topic

It appears that the thermostat on my Sanyo BC-1206 beer cooler has a bad thermostat. Despite turning down the temperature settings, it froze my keg of Hofbrau Oktoberfest.

Anyone have a sense for how to get at the thermostat in these units?

Thanks,

MP

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This must be an annual event for you as you posted the same thing last year 'bout this time. Anyhow I can't find a diagram and if sanyo hasn't helped you in all this time, then just start unscrewing stuff.

First keg I remember losing to freezing. Perhaps another BC 1206 owner, or I need to cut down on the beer. Found the schematics and manualslib.com. Now I need to track down parts. Will probably use brute force and replace the thermistor and thermostat to assure proper performance. I'm sure the compressor will die soon after just to spite me.

MP

First keg I remember losing to freezing. Perhaps another BC 1206 owner, or I need to cut down on the beer.

MP

Well then you have a doppelganger, pod person, clone, time traveler or identity thief assuming your identity.