Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
koobedo

fisher paykel DD605ss - U1 fill fault error

11 posts in this topic

My dd605ss just quits randomly during the cycle and shows a"fill fault" error While beeping. This only occurs in the the top drawer. Bottom drawer works fine.Any ideas?

Edited by koobedo

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The control isn't seeing water entering the pump. Is there water in the drawer when the code goes off?

I've PMed you the service summary which has a list of action items for this fault and how to enter diagnostic mode.

Thanks for the Service Sumary. I have checked the water level and yes it fills to the same amount the bottom drawer (which works fine) fills to. Does this mean controler is faulty? Do you have instructions on replacing said controller and is it possible to swap controller from bottom unit to test theory?

check the rotor is in 1 piece

yes you can swap the controller from top to bottom to check

Fill level is sensed by the rotational load on the pump impeller.

Swap the impeller between the drawers to check if the problem follows.

A split in the spray arm can also cause a fill fault by throwing the spray pressure (and thus pump load) off-kilter.

Thanks for all the advice. I have now done the following with no change:

- swapped rotor

- swapped rinse arm

- swapped controller

DADoESTX, mentioned the fill level is sensed by the rotational load on the pump impeller. Is there a sender unit I need to look for? As it stands now, the top drawer stops at 113, 101, 94, 44, 38, and 14 minutes on the normal cycle and shows the U1 fault. I wonder if these times correlate to water fill point in the cycle.

Edited by koobedo

Any more ideas on this problem?

have you checked the filling in diagnostics and checked that its actually flowing in water at a decent rate ?

flow rate checks out ok. Machine stops 3-4 seconds into wash cycle so no problem with flow and amount of water in the tub.

Well I got a hold of the nice people at F/P and they gave me an important bit of info,"the tub needs to fill in under 45 seconds". This wasn't  happening and it was just taking too long to fill the tub. Replaced fill solenoid and all is well now. So turns out J5 was right with the flow rate check just needed to know what a descent rate was.