Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

true refrigerator trying to start

true model g4sm-23

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nicky

Nicky

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:grape juice

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

have a true display refrigerator. someone recently moved it about 7 miles laying on its back. worked for a day and now compressor is trying to kick on every 15 seconds or so and drawing 25 amps at attempt. Is there a chance that changing the starter or hard start will fix it or is something lodged or something slipped in compressor? thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Nope, more than likely all the compressor oil migrated into the evaporator and condenser and you did not let it sit upright for a day or so before you started it up and now the compressor is toast.
Scott Wolf

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yup, that trick only works with the Hydrogen Absorbtion Refrigerators found in R.V's
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics