Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ice Maker Blues

Electrolux refrigerators ice maker

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 plantz001

plantz001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sam Adams

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Two years ago I purchased an Electrolux model EI28BS56IS French door style refrigerator. It has the icemaker is inside of the refrigerator section. Since it is in the refrigerator section it has to have its own coil to make the ice, and fan to circulate the cool air to keep the ice from melting. We have been pleased with the performance and functionality of both the frige and the bottom freezer. The icemaker started having problems about 6 after we purchased it and the icemaker recall items were installed. I should mention that I did something I normally do not do with appliance purchases. A year after we purchased the unit seeing the strange things that this unit was doing,(icemaker making nioses or not making ice intermitently) I purchased an extended warranty. About 3 months into the warranty the ice dispenser chute starts to slowly drip water. We got in touch with electrolux and they gave names of repair companies in our ares that were certified to service their equipment. We contacted the first, they came out and performed what electrolux factory service said to do. They were on the phone with them the whole time. It did not help. I called electorlux again they said we needed to get a second opinion to in order to go to the next step. We called the next name on the list , they arrived saw the unit, and said that they had no experience with that type of icemaker and therefore would not make a declaration of unrepairable. We called electrolux again and they said we needed to try another company. We called the next on the list, they arrrived and called factory service right away, and remained on the phone performing diagnostic tests. This visit it was determined that the circulation fan is probably bad and that a insulating seal kit for the icemaker is needed. Well on the return visit the items were installed. "Looks like the fan is running" they said. Well it was still dripping water, only now it seems to be dripping a little faster. We call electrolux and this time they call the service company to come out again. They come in and again are on the phone with factory service trying everything that they tell them to do. this time they determine that it seems that the fan motor is still not working and that they want to replace the control board. at this point the company wants to throw in the towel but changed the control board. Tey returned installed the board and on the phone again, and again making measurements, performing diagnostic tests. This time they said that they would declare that it was not repairable. So after the service company confirmed that with electrolux, we recieved a check for the purchase price of the unit. I said all of that to ask if anyone out there might have access or know where I can get service documentation for this unit. I need the code list for the diagnostic tests and diagrams. I service computer controlled electro-mechanical equipment for a living and it seems like the unit worked in the beginning it should be able to work again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

EI28BS56IS

. EI28BS56ISx
Fridge wiring diagram dependent on missing last character of your model number
Frigidaire / Electrolux Ice Maker info :woot:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Bullstok

Bullstok

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Mt. Dew

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Nothing is unrepairable, but it depends on skill and reasonable cost. In your situation it sounds like the techs have not had enough skill and have exceeded the cost (time = cost) portioned out by the factory. The nice thing about DIY is that you have much more time available to fart around with the machine (if you have some skill to counterballance). This unit will be one hell of a story to tell if you fix it.

Edited by Bullstok, 04 November 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#4 plantz001

plantz001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

. EI28BS56ISx
Fridge wiring diagram dependent on missing last character of your model number
Frigidaire / Electrolux Ice Maker info :woot:

Mine is EI28BS56IS4. Does that last digit have any bearing on the codes and tests in the file you made available? is there a link for a complete version of the manual?

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

service manual
http://appliantology...oor-w-icemaker/

EI28BS56IS4 tech sheets
> link fixed

Edited by RegUS_PatOff, 05 November 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#6 plantz001

plantz001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

service manual
http://appliantology...oor-w-icemaker/

EI28BS56IS4 tech sheets

Dude!! You ROCK!!!! exactly what I was looking for! The external link didn't work but the link for the manual did.. THANKS!!

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

... The external link didn't work

link fixed .. try again

#8 plantz001

plantz001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

link fixed .. try again

Got it link worked.. Got all I need I suppose.. Guess there is no excuse now.......

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

there is no excuse now.......

Once a piece of shit - always a piece of shit
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics