Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Google toolbar

google toolbar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

I use 3 toolbars, Yahoo, Bing, & Google. Every couple of weeks I lose my google toolbar buttons, it does not recognize my signin although My gmail recognizes me. I have to uninstall google toolbar & reinstall. I use two computers & they both do this at different times. Can anybody clue me in. I use McAfee & system mechanic. It is fustrating to say the least.
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Don't know a whole lot about computers, but my advice would be - don't use google toolbar, use one of the 2 others you mentioned - whichever works best
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 GrumpyTerrier

GrumpyTerrier

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stella Artois

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I've never seen that issue, but I would say that McAfee is notoriously bad with its retail consumer offerings when it comes to virus/PC protection and messing up things on PCs. I gave up on McAfee two years ago and went to Kaspersky, which is a dream. Runs smaller, cleaner and virtually trouble free.

Are you using IE as your browser? Which version? Make sure you're using the latest (9.x). That's the one Microsoft keeps patched these days.

Also, are you keeping your Windows OS patched and up-to-date?

You may want to try installing Google Chrome as a separate browser and use your Google toolbar on that only. I don't use Yahoo or Bing - I don't care for Bing and have never needed Yahoo with Google toolbar on board. You shouldn't need to login to your Google account for the toolbar to work.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,409 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Use Chrome and don't look back. Switched my 85 year old father to chrome and he was upset I did not tell him about it earlier.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Believe it or not, Skype was causing all the trouble.  I had to uninstall google then reinstall, which would last a couple of days to a week & half.  have to do the process each time it lost me.   Kept sending google what was happening every time I had to uninstall (Google prompted me why I was uninstalling each time).   Finally I got an email from skype that they were causing the problem & had me install a fix to repair.  Have not had a problem since.

Yes McAfee sucks.  Renewed the subscription on my wife's laptop & while installing a malware crept in.   Mcafee was no help repairing I went to system Mechanic & after a few anylising & repair, they cleaned it up.  Iolo is now protecting me.  I wasted my renewal fee with McAfee.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Free

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Don't pay for AV Patrico, use Microsoft Security Essentials. (MSSE). It's free has a small footprint, and works like a charm. http://windows.micro...ntials-download

I was about to ask you if you had Skpe but I see you found out about that.

#7 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Too many good free AV out there .No reason to pay for one.Own 4 macs even better way to go.

#8 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

OK, CHROME DOME, dominate user of chrome, I have it but use IE still because when I want to use my onenotes.  The tool bar I have has a drop down where I can send it to one notes, or even evernotes.  I don't have that option on chrome.  Can you tell me if I can set it up or how to set it up.  Thanks.

#9 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,409 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

go to chrome webstore and get the free onenote add-on. Never forget to always ask The Google for all your problems.. . ie search "evernote chrome addon" etc

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics