Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

K/M 11028002010 washer...... No spin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Unit stopped working on Saturday and I tried to squeeze them in on Monday morning...............Just enough time to run the drive system tests.......Error code F7-E1.......All tests O.K.........Tech sheet sez, if all tests test O.K. to replace the control board........Will agitate but when put into spin, you hear what could be the 'basket drive gear' almost engaging the 'pulley'.....Having never worked on one of these fabulous units, ( looking at the service manual )..... could it be the 'shift actuator' not letting the basket drive fully engage the pulley..........What keeps the 'pulley' teeth engaged to the 'basket drive gear' teeth ???????.............. Gonna order the actuator to take back with me when I remove the pulley and look to see if there is a problem with the parts not fully engaging...........

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

What keeps the 'pulley' teeth engaged to the 'basket drive gear' teeth

A spring maintains pressure on the basket drive gear. The drive gear is raised/lowered by a cam ring that fits over the drive gear and is rotated a few degrees either way by the actuator. The actuator is a very common failure item in this design.

Eric

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

fairbank56....Thanks for the info....In the service manual it shows a spring but it is drawn to look more like a torsion/clutch type spring then a compression spring..........I hope the drive gear is not hanging up on the splines because of a leaking seal......Unit is only 13 months old..........The service manual tells you to tip/lay the unit on the front of the cabinet to do any underside work, can it be tipped back and worked on like the old direct drives?????....Disconnecting the supply lines and removing the drain line is more of a nuisance...

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

for reference:
k100808300004.png
http://www.repaircli...tDetail/1876553

Cam-Set-W10315818-01367886.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

can it be tipped back and worked on like the old direct drives?????....Disconnecting the supply lines and removing the drain line is more of a nuisance...

I don't see why not. Also be aware of a known problem with the drive pulley nut loosening on this design.

Eric

#6 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

I just tipped the unit onto its rear legs, every thing in sight to fix...I dropped the belt and removed the actuator......was checking the movements on how its parts worked, spin...agitate......( never really worked on these models before)...and I noticed in the spin mode, if you moved the pulley fast, the basket would barely move..... I moved the pulley back and forth in spin mode the basket did not move.........Crawled out from under it and set it down, opened the lid and found out that you could lift the spin basket up about 2 inches :woot: ......removed the agitator, grabbed the top spline with a pair of pliers and spun the basket, it rotated. :woot: :woot: .........Ordered the drive hub, now a 'kit' ( P/N W10324651) and went back the next day.....20 minute job.... Being only 13 months old, I was looking for some thing else that had failed, but not an aluminum part with all of the splines worn smooth....... Live and learn.........The customer was happy even though it took an extra day :whistling: .... ( They were not using H.E. detergent but I do not think it would make the drive block/splines fail ).....

#7 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

i have seen this alot, whlp knows it a problem and they switched production and are now using a plastic hub with a plastic circlip to hold the basket down, they made the trany different and included a slot in the shaft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics