Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
certified tech group 51

K/M 11028002010 washer...... No spin

7 posts in this topic

Unit stopped working on Saturday and I tried to squeeze them in on Monday morning...............Just enough time to run the drive system tests.......Error code F7-E1.......All tests O.K.........Tech sheet sez, if all tests test O.K. to replace the control board........Will agitate but when put into spin, you hear what could be the 'basket drive gear' almost engaging the 'pulley'.....Having never worked on one of these fabulous units, ( looking at the service manual )..... could it be the 'shift actuator' not letting the basket drive fully engage the pulley..........What keeps the 'pulley' teeth engaged to the 'basket drive gear' teeth ???????.............. Gonna order the actuator to take back with me when I remove the pulley and look to see if there is a problem with the parts not fully engaging...........

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What keeps the 'pulley' teeth engaged to the 'basket drive gear' teeth

A spring maintains pressure on the basket drive gear. The drive gear is raised/lowered by a cam ring that fits over the drive gear and is rotated a few degrees either way by the actuator. The actuator is a very common failure item in this design.

Eric

fairbank56....Thanks for the info....In the service manual it shows a spring but it is drawn to look more like a torsion/clutch type spring then a compression spring..........I hope the drive gear is not hanging up on the splines because of a leaking seal......Unit is only 13 months old..........The service manual tells you to tip/lay the unit on the front of the cabinet to do any underside work, can it be tipped back and worked on like the old direct drives?????....Disconnecting the supply lines and removing the drain line is more of a nuisance...

can it be tipped back and worked on like the old direct drives?????....Disconnecting the supply lines and removing the drain line is more of a nuisance...

I don't see why not. Also be aware of a known problem with the drive pulley nut loosening on this design.

Eric

I just tipped the unit onto its rear legs, every thing in sight to fix...I dropped the belt and removed the actuator......was checking the movements on how its parts worked, spin...agitate......( never really worked on these models before)...and I noticed in the spin mode, if you moved the pulley fast, the basket would barely move..... I moved the pulley back and forth in spin mode the basket did not move.........Crawled out from under it and set it down, opened the lid and found out that you could lift the spin basket up about 2 inches :woot: ......removed the agitator, grabbed the top spline with a pair of pliers and spun the basket, it rotated. :woot: :woot: .........Ordered the drive hub, now a 'kit' ( P/N W10324651) and went back the next day.....20 minute job.... Being only 13 months old, I was looking for some thing else that had failed, but not an aluminum part with all of the splines worn smooth....... Live and learn.........The customer was happy even though it took an extra day :whistling: .... ( They were not using H.E. detergent but I do not think it would make the drive block/splines fail ).....

i have seen this alot, whlp knows it a problem and they switched production and are now using a plastic hub with a plastic circlip to hold the basket down, they made the trany different and included a slot in the shaft