Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

problems with a frigidaire front load washer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rpx518

rpx518

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hey folks
Got an frigidaire front load washer that wont spin in the last cycle. Wash? fine, rinse? fine spin/ dry? nuttin It will drain the water, but the clothes are soppin' wet). I'd love to put a model number here, but the numbers on the model/ serial decal are all faded off. Decal is still there, but the model numbers and serial numbers are gone. Looks like this one here http://www.lowes.com...t_prd_lis_ord_n

(oooo long link.....sorry.)

When I put the selector on spin/dry , the door locks, I hear a hum, then nothin. Not sure what the next step needs to be. Kinda hard to order any parts without the model number. Any suggestions???

thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,682 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Post your model number.

99% of the time, no spin problems in these washers are caused by a bad door lock. Yes, the door can appear to lock and yet the door lock assembly is still bad.

http://www.repaircli...1763202/1531974

Posted Image

#3 rpx518

rpx518

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

hey thanks. I wish I could post the model number. The tag on the door frame is so faded, the model and serial numbers are gone. I'm not even sure how to order parts except for pulling the old one and maybe cross reference it.Is there anywhere else that model number may be posted?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,682 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

I posted the part link to the door latch assembly in my previous post. Buy it there-- if it's not the right part, you can return it for a refund.

#5 rpx518

rpx518

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

awesome. As always, thanks for the help

#6 rpx518

rpx518

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

well, that didn't do it. Any suggestions?

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,682 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Do you have the tech sheet that's in the envelope behind the bottom front panel?

#8 rpx518

rpx518

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

OK, so, I got to goofing off on the net and found out that some other machines won't spin unless the drain cleanout is emptied. So, I went into it and did not see a cleanout thing, but when I disconnected the pump, a lot of smelly water came out. So I took the boot off the other side and found what appears to be the object strainer and it was full of about 5 dollars in change and a bunch of nasty smelling black stuff. Cleaned it all out, hooked up and "ta da" the machine would spin. So for grins I thought I'd run a cycle with just water. Everything appeared fine until the drain/spin cycle, then nothin. Do you think the drain pump is cooked? Is there a way to yank the old one and cross reference it for the right part, seeing as I have no model number for this thing? Please help. The wife is about to go out and purchase a new machine if I don't get this thing runnin.

thx

Hey FGM, I'll go look, but when I yanked the front panel I didn'
t see anything

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,682 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

It will drain the water, but the clothes are soppin' wet).

Didn't sound like a typical pump problem based on this statement but it, with your most recent offering, it sounds like another case of Ye Olde Crap Trap Enema...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3kL3daLZ9g

#10 rpx518

rpx518

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

HEY!!!! there it is! If I get the clogged pump code, does that mean its cooked?

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,682 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Usually not. Apply the Crap Trap Enema and give it whirl. If it runs, you're in the clear. If not... http://www.repaircli...7108100/1467779

Posted Image

#12 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

TIP, if you have cleaned out the trap and the strainer and the pump still won't work, try bench testing it with a power cord, if it runs but still won't pump out, chances are the impeller got loose from the motor shaft and doesn't spin.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics