Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rpx518

problems with a frigidaire front load washer

12 posts in this topic

Hey folks

Got an frigidaire front load washer that wont spin in the last cycle. Wash? fine, rinse? fine spin/ dry? nuttin It will drain the water, but the clothes are soppin' wet). I'd love to put a model number here, but the numbers on the model/ serial decal are all faded off. Decal is still there, but the model numbers and serial numbers are gone. Looks like this one here http://www.lowes.com/pd_256879-2251-LTF2140FS_4294857975+4294965783_4294937087_?productId=1072981&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_quantity_sold%7C1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Frigidaire_4294857975%2B4294965783_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_n

(oooo long link.....sorry.)

When I put the selector on spin/dry , the door locks, I hear a hum, then nothin. Not sure what the next step needs to be. Kinda hard to order any parts without the model number. Any suggestions???

thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

hey thanks. I wish I could post the model number. The tag on the door frame is so faded, the model and serial numbers are gone. I'm not even sure how to order parts except for pulling the old one and maybe cross reference it.Is there anywhere else that model number may be posted?

I posted the part link to the door latch assembly in my previous post. Buy it there-- if it's not the right part, you can return it for a refund.

Do you have the tech sheet that's in the envelope behind the bottom front panel?

OK, so, I got to goofing off on the net and found out that some other machines won't spin unless the drain cleanout is emptied. So, I went into it and did not see a cleanout thing, but when I disconnected the pump, a lot of smelly water came out. So I took the boot off the other side and found what appears to be the object strainer and it was full of about 5 dollars in change and a bunch of nasty smelling black stuff. Cleaned it all out, hooked up and "ta da" the machine would spin. So for grins I thought I'd run a cycle with just water. Everything appeared fine until the drain/spin cycle, then nothin. Do you think the drain pump is cooked? Is there a way to yank the old one and cross reference it for the right part, seeing as I have no model number for this thing? Please help. The wife is about to go out and purchase a new machine if I don't get this thing runnin.

thx

Hey FGM, I'll go look, but when I yanked the front panel I didn'

t see anything

It will drain the water, but the clothes are soppin' wet).

Didn't sound like a typical pump problem based on this statement but it, with your most recent offering, it sounds like another case of Ye Olde Crap Trap Enema...

HEY!!!! there it is! If I get the clogged pump code, does that mean its cooked?

TIP, if you have cleaned out the trap and the strainer and the pump still won't work, try bench testing it with a power cord, if it runs but still won't pump out, chances are the impeller got loose from the motor shaft and doesn't spin.