Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ge front load washer WBVH5100H0WW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:maxwell house regular blend

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Replaced control board and now on the Drain/spin option , the washer will not spin.It adds water then drains and then stops after time counts down about 3 minutes. Then start light is blinking. You can press start again and the washer will go thru the same sequence of events again,and once again a few minutes of the cycle will be lost, but never any spin?

I replaced the control board,but at the t-01 selection during diagnostic mode I am not sure that i have the proper model selected.
Could this cause my no spin issue?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Check that model number, budrow.

How's the door lock assembly? ==> http://www.repaircli...1763202/1531974

#3 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

may be the door lock , the washer does lock at the beginning of any cycle then ,unlocks, then locks again and finishes the cycle

#4 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

the locked light comes on

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Topic title edited, corrected model number.

Get the tech sheet and do test t02 to see if there are any stored error codes. If you have code 60, 61 63 or 64, then replace the door lock assembly since you're already replace the main control.

http://www.repaircli...er=WBVH5100H0WW

Posted Image

#6 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Ran diagnostics numerous times. No codes. Tech sheet says when changing control board , to reprogram (model) and select 05. Afterwards I cannot access the drain and spin option but all other cycles are available.
So iset the model to 04 ..at the t-02 diagnostic function and I can then access the drain/spin ???? Why doesnt this work on the model 05 setting???? I checked my part numbers on the control board replacement and they match WH12X10355.. also to note ,I have changed door lock assemblies in the past,apparenly same as whirlpool(i think i took one off a whirlpool at the shop).

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

That is odd-- the programming bulletin also says to select 5 for this model. Are you sure about the model number?

#8 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

wbvh5100h0ww

#9 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

It makes the rrrccckkkthump(if i spelled that right) sound like it is locking/engaging ... is it necesary to remove the lock and visually verify that it engaged, or is the afore mentioned sound sufficient?

Humbly groveling in ignorance

#10 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Ah sold it! With no drain /spin cycle! Educated the buyer on how to unplug, access the diagnostics , reset model from 04 to 05,(when extra drain/spin is needed-- and then unplug follow same procedure,reset to 05 again to run the other cycles. See no problem....we call that double bypass in appliantology....NEXT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics