Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Patricio

Maytag frontload mhwe300vw00

3 posts in this topic

I service a Maytag Front load washer to day that the complaint was would not fill. Customer replaced pressure switch because of a You Tube video. Obviously that did not correct no fill problem because they called me after a referral from local parts house. :teehee:

Unit filled dribbling water into drum. Could hear door locking mechanism locking & unlocking, Dipenser arm rotating back & force. Dismantled unit to access contol panels & wiring. Looked for broken, cut, loose wiring. Never unplugged machine. Wiggled door latch (is it suppose to be slightly loose in the door?) connections , etc. put machine back into most cycles unit was working correctly. :samurai:

Has anybody else had a call anything close to this? I figgure had a wire that was not making solid connection to door lock. Happy repairs. :thanks: Patricio

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That's an odd one, made even more so by this part of the problem description:

Unit filled dribbling water into drum.

Not sure how the door lock would cause this. Did you check the water inlet valve for sediment accumulation on the inlet screen?

Yes checked the sediment filter. The door lock kept locking & unlocking, the inlet water diverter kept rotating. Now it works OK. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. The water dribbled in. My theory is something was loose & the inlet valves were energizing & shuting down. I observed this for several minutes. powered down & powered up. Trying to figger. Works Ok so far, no call back.