Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Finding model # on G.E. Monogram

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm working on a G.E. Monogram, bottom freezer, about 11 years old and can't find the model # for the life of me. I wrote down a model number weeks ago #ZIC360NMALH and replaced the mother board WR55X11109 and evaporator fan WR60X10185. When I went to put that mother board in I went to confirm the model # and couldn't find it. Now the customer called and the ice is melted in the freezer. Could this be the user control board WR55X10159 ?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

The rating plate is located inside the fresh food compartment under the right-hand storage drawer, contains the model and serial numbers.

If that's the correct model number, then you used the correct part number for the muthaboard, WR55X11109.

Run the basic test in diagnostic mode on page 40 of the service manual.

How long ago did you replace the muthaboard and evap fan and what was the problem?

#3 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I replaced the mother board and evap fan yesterday morning. The old mother board did show visible circuit damage so i thought i was on the right track. The original complaint was that both the fridge and refridge were not keeping cold. I checked the defrost heater system and even replaced the thermistor on the evaporator. I printed the diagnostic procedure and couldn't get the diagnostic mode to do it's thing. It would start, then kick out and i couldn't get it back in diagnostic mode no matter how hard or consistantly i pressed all four buttons. I order both the mother board and the control board but only put in the mother board once I found visible damage on it. Should i go put in the control board and confirm that i'm a parts changing monkey or do some further test? I took the rectangular light mount out and it was not obvious how to get to the control board...thanks.

#4 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I'm back at the residence. There is a very important fact that i negleted to tell you: When I put the new mother board in (yes, I verified the model number and correct board) i foolishly was rooting around with a telescoping mirror with the power on and shorted out the new board. Upon replacing it with a new mother board, I figured that would be fixed. I just put a new control board in and started it back up. The compressor is stone cold, not running, likely has not run since i shorted everything out. I put a hard start kit on it to what i thought was the power and nothing. I powered up the hard start with a cheater cord and the compressor runs fine. When I shorted the board did i break a fuse or something to the compressor?

#5 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Confirmed no power to the relay, overlaod and capacitor; I turned everything on and put my meter on white and orange power supply and got nothing. I've been looking for a master fuse or something on the exploded view diagram, can't find one?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Well, as long as we're playing True Confessions, I need to amend some info I posted earlier.

For the model number you posted, RepairClinic lists WR55X11109 as the muthaboard. Appliance Parts Pros lists WR55X11130 as the correct muthaboard. But wait! Not to be outdone in the confusion, I went to the GE tech site and downloaded the Minimanual for this model and it lists the good ol' WR55X10942 (actually WR55X10056 but it subs to the the newer one) that we all know and love as the correct muthaboard.

Which is the correct one?

The rule here is this: whichever one is listed on the tech sheet supplied with the unit trumps all other sources.

Do you have the tech sheet/minimanual? As mentioned above, I downloaded the minimanual from the GE site but this may or may not be the same as the one that's actually with the unit. What's listed there?

#7 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yip, I put the origanal defective board back in and got the compressor to run. And yes i called my supplier and they got the GE website and it told them that the WR55X11130 is correct, so I've ordered it. The tech sheet that came with the unit says its WR55X10056, i will have to wait and see what happens when I put it in. Thanks again for you help!

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

And yes i called my supplier and they got the GE website and it told them that the WR55X11130 is correct, so I've ordered it.

This is not correct. If you search "ZIC360NMALH" on the GE tech site, you will get minimanual 31-51357. That manual calls out WR55X10056 for the muthaboard part link but, as I already said, that subs to part WR55X10942. So WR55X11130 is NOT the correct part number for this model.

The tech sheet that came with the unit says its WR55X10056, i will have to wait and see what happens when I put it in.

WR55X10056 subs to WR55X10942 ==> http://www.repaircli...5X10942/1531075

If you install WR55X11130 you will get a callback for no-cold.

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

GE® imagination at work :whistling:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#10 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

If I remember correctly a bad condenser fan motor can kill a new board.

#11 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

The condenser fan motor seems to running O.K.. I just order a new mother board WR55X10942. It will be here Monday evening and i will be returning WR55X11130. Thanks again, I will report back as to progress...

#12 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Yes, I got the new mother board installed WR55X10942 and things are back to normal, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.

#13 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Domo for the update and glad you got it fixed! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics