Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

SPYDA

Viking VGRT360-6BSS

6 posts in this topic

This is a 6 burner gas cooktop. Turn on front middle and the 2 right side ignitors click and dont stop. Turn on back middle and the 2 left side ignitors click. Turn on all 6 burners they all click. While all 6 are on i can turn off back middle and right front no more clicking, all others stay lit. Have replaced one spark module and all 6 valve switches, still same problem. Any thoughts of what it might be??

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This problem is almost always caused by a dirty burner head. The flame is conductive and makes a path for the spark to go through the burner head and back to the spark module. This spark current tells the spark module to stop sparking. If the burner head is dirty from overboils, spills, gookus, etc., then the return path will be disrupted and the spark module will never get the signal to stop sparking. The Dacor Technical Manual has an excellent explanation of how the spark ignition system works ==>

Disassemble the burner heads on the affected side and clean off all the parts with emery cloth. Re-assemble and try it again.

Thank you so much, my lucid host!!!! Will try this and hope for the best. I appreciate the knowledge!! Not sure if i spelled it right,hee,hee. Anyway thanks!!!!!!

You say you replaced the spark module and all six spark switches?

Did you make sure you got all the ignitor and switch wires back to the correct positions on the module.

If you swapped two or more of the ignitor output wires then you will get this problem.

has this Cooktop worked OK up till now at this location ?

Has any House wiring been changed ?

Have you ever checked the polarity of the Wall Outlet (L1, L2, & ground) ?