Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
s4zando

Asko WM90A (10505) Spring Replacement - Help!

5 posts in this topic

Good news: New parts arrived! Hooray!

Bad News: They're the springs for the drum - this doesn't look like as easy of a job as replacing the belt

While it would be nice ot have the actual service manual for this unit, I'm ok with going in without it, however, does anyone have any tips or potential gotchas I should be aware of?

(I have requested the service manual from here, but our chief Samurai doesn't seem to have it in the library - We have the owners manual and parts list, but no real factory service manual :(

Has anyone done this before? What's the best way to approach this task? Do I need to completely remove the drum? Do I need to get the machine on it's side or back for access to the underside? Is there a proper order of parts removal to get to replacing the springs?

Thanks!

./s4z

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What's the part number of the springs you ordered?

Asko Part Number: 8801036

Desc: Spring - Leg Spring

Repair Clinic Item #: 764387

*bump* ?

Best thing I can find to help you with this is the diagrams/parts manual. PMed.