Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher SHE6AF06UC/05 leaks and won't complete cycle

Bosch Dishwasher Leak

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jfpdazey

jfpdazey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Our Bosch dishwasher (Model SHE6AF06UC/05) recently suffered the disgrace of having our 6yo son fall onto the door while open. While he quickly recovered, I am afraid our poor dishwasher has not.

The d/w will turn on, but will not start a cycle (timer simply flashes) unless pressure is applied to the door or an object is wedged under or around the door to apply pressure. Even yet, it will not run through a complete cycle without constantly bumping and adjusting the pressure on the door. At various random points in the cycle, it goes back to flashing and needs to be re-adjusted. We've also noticed that the timer doesn't seem to always be moving forward - we've once or twice caught it flashing with a higher time remaining than before. Oh, and we've now seen some leaking/bubbling out of both the top and bottom corners - a few ounces during what we can get out of a cycle.

Between my father-in-law and I, we've had the dishwasher out a couple of times - inspected springs, done some careful hammering on the hinges to even them on both sides (so they stop at the same point), carefully flexed the inner door panel door slightly upward to try to achieve a better seal on the top, cleaned the mineral deposits off the inner door and the inner rubber gasket. So far - it's no go.

Any thoughts or advice? Just picked this d/w up a couple years ago - and I'd really hate to kiss it goodbye so quickly.

JFPD

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Do not know your exact model , but , there is /are switches in the door handle...........Some open/close the hot side, some open/close the neutral side and some open/close both...............With out the correct closing of the switches and staying closed, the machine will be stopping and starting with the pushing/ twisting of the door to keep the switches in the closed position.........It may start but when the inner door panel expands from the heating of the panel, the switch(es) appear to be opening the circuit..........Water leaking is, water leaking from not sealing correctly.........Price a set of door hinges, gasket, inner door panel, door frame, check the door latch for broken parts, straighten the frame VS. replacement...............

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

There is a service bulletin on this issue. These dishwashers use a magnetic door latch with no microswitches in it. if the magnets don't line up perfectly, the door will unlatch itself. What causes this issue is a poor installation under the counter. Make sure the dishwasher sits level under the counter and the door isn't rubbing the kitchen cabinets or the underside of the countertop. You will need to relevel the dishwasher and make sure it sits squarely in the hole.
Scott Wolf

#4 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

also, you may need new hinges. once they are sprung, its almost impossible to get the door alignment right.
Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,064 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Right door hinge ==> http://www.repaircli...r=SHE6AF06UC/05

Posted Image

Left door hinge ==> http://www.repaircli...r=SHE6AF06UC/05

Posted Image

Door latch assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...r=SHE6AF06UC/05

Posted Image

#6 jfpdazey

jfpdazey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thanks to all for your quick replies! Going to start by releveling tomorrow night as I do think that's off - though the dishwasher is properly centered and not touching the cabinet. I've pulled it out and reinstalled it myself twice this past week while checking hinges, so I'm fairly sure of that at least.

I'll touch base again after spending a little more quality time with the d/w... :-)

JFPD

#7 jfpdazey

jfpdazey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Well, after a long week, finally got to the dishwasher earlier today. Was definitely out of level - but unfortunately, levelling it did not solve the issue. Still stopping several times a cycle and having timer issues.

The hinges are on order, and I will be attempting to replace them Wednesday night - hoping for the best!

JFPD

#8 jfpdazey

jfpdazey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Thanksgiving prep and two weeks of vacation killed any plans for appliance repair I may have had in November, but I was able to get around to replacing the hinges this past weekend, and...

IT WORKS!!!

After removing them and comparing to the new hinges, it was easy to tell that the old hinges were noticeably sprung.  We've been able to run four complete cycles with no leaks, starting/stopping, or strange timer issues.  My best guess is that the earlier timer issues had something to do with the "smart cycle management" system having conflicts with the repeated starting/stopping and leaking.

I've consulted the forums several times for help with other minor appliance repairs (and found the knowledge invaluable), but this is the first time I've actually logged on and asked the enlightened ones for assistance.  All I can say is, WOW - what a great group of people you have here on the forum!  Many, MANY thanks to all of you who responded and provided guidance!

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,064 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Nice job, jfp!  Congrats on the repair and domo for the followup.   :rocker:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics