LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

kenmore electric range

suampman

I am requesting a service manual for a kenmore range mod 911.9114190. Thanks. Temps are consistently to high.

• Team Samurai

That's the problem with Kenmore models-- it's hard to cross them over to the original manufacturer original model so you can then look up the tech sheet at the manufacturer's site. If the tech sheet is missing on this unit, you'll have to buy a replacement (at the customer's expense) before you can troubleshoot it. They'll need it eventually anyway.

• Like 1

No techsheets on them (old Roper) - there is a diagram pasted somewhere on the unit, but with that capillary control - there's only one thing that can cause overheating

• Like 1

It was already replaced with one from repair clinic and the bake element also. The customer tried to save money and had me install. Both parts were bad though. She called the other day and said she was burning her food. I checked for adjustments. On the back of the thermostat dial there is an adjustment. I moved it as far as it would go in the opposite direction. It seems to cycle at about a fifty degree variance now, which will make it 25 degrees off I believe. Ex; set at 200 it cycles off at 250 and on at 200. I also noticed that the broil element did not seem to work when I was there and that was the reason for the request, so I could determine if the broil and bake had to cycle for this to work. Some customers try to save money and it ends up costing them in the end.

• Like 1