Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Daveb1972

GE electric range gives 1 free fireworks show, then retires...

10 posts in this topic

Good day all!,

My GE range this morning treated my daughter to a fireworks display as she tried to broil Facon (yes I mean turkey bacon, Facon). I assume the pork gods mustve been getting revenge on her for desicrating the altar of bacon, but thats another story. The broil element failed and despite our imediate switching to off, the arc maintained for longer than I ecpected.

I have killed the power at the breaker, and grabbed mod/ser numbers, and made a quik visual check, looks like the broil element is no longer an element. My question is what is the likelyhood of the switch or board to be also damaged? I'll not get to look carefully at it till at least tonight, unless I have to run a lot of HVAC calls tonight....

Oh its a :

GE

JBP24BOB4WH

FA156332Q

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
corrected model number; it's JBP (as corrected), not JPB (as originally posted).

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Not uncommon for them to fail this way. While it's possible that something else may be bad, we must proceed in accordance with the 8th Law of the Prophecy, "Fix the obvious problems first."

With the 8th Law in the forefront of our consciousness, we proceed by replacing the obliterated broil element ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Broil-Element/WB44T10009/770548?modelNumber=JBP24BB4WH

Broil-Element-WB44T10009-01246790.jpg

... what is the likelyhood of the switch or board to be also damaged?

50/50 chance of a bad Controller :(

Is it worth an offering to the bacon gods? shall I sacrifice a virgin?

Is it worth an offering to the bacon gods? shall I sacrifice a virgin?

Any part ordered thru this site can be returned for 365 days for any reason for a full refund less shipping.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just disconnect the fried element and connect your meter to the leads and see if you get 240v ?

Uh, yeah, just need to get time alone with it. 2 jobs makes for a busy man. If the other items were common I'd order them as a precaution. The rest is for fun Roughshod. <humor>

Edited by Daveb1972

Please move this to the kitchen appliances forum. Thanks :thanks::banghead:

Please move this to the kitchen appliances forum.

:thumbsup:

Dunno why we never notice this ...........

Please move this to the kitchen appliances forum. Thanks :thanks::banghead:

Thats where it was submitted.

Volts are where expected, looks like the element will set this thing right, was ordered yesterday, so I expect the full recovery before the weekend!