Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***CLICK HERE AND READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
mrjtwright

Whirlpool Ice Maker Issues - Door Mounted Bin

3 posts in this topic

Some genius removed the model number label from the fridge but it's a Whirlpool Conquest SBS with the ice bin on the door. I had to replace the emitters for the ice maker and it worked great for a couple of weeks. Then the customer called and said that there is excessive ice everywhere in the fridge like there was a major leak. They turned it off and when I got to view it the ice maker tray was empty. I turned it on and it went though it's cycle but did not fill with water. My hunch is, the inlet valve was leaking and the fill tube froze up (although I couldn't detect any ice in the vertical portion of the tube that is exposed). My attempt at testing the valve was to jumper the black wire to brown on the harness in the freezer with the ice maker removed. I was only receiving 55V at the valve. If I remember correctly, the coil had a low resistance (like 4 ohms). What resistance should it be? Should my jumper method supply 110V to the solenoid?

Thanks in advance

Edited by mrjtwright

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

4 ohms is too low, maybe a measurement error. 40 or 400 ohms, even 4K ohms on some valves, would be more like it.

The valve won't open with 55 vac. Do the cheater cord test. If the valve opens and squirts water up top, then the ice maker may be failing to cycle. Do the T-H jumper test.

Some videos for your instruction and edumucation:

Replacement ice maker part link ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/4317943/1857

Ice-Maker-Assembly-4317943-01343957.jpg

Some genius removed the model number label from the fridge

It was likely scrapped