Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Joe Nikirk

lg DLG2141W Dryer conversion problems

4 posts in this topic

OK, I wil give as much background as I can. I live in Panama. I recently bought, after several tries, a new lg DLG2141W dryer. When it was delivered, it was configured for Natural gas. I like everybody here, I use propane. I called lg service to get them to come and do the installation and conversion. The guy came after about 3 weeks and hooked it to my gas line. I asked about the conversion and he said to "just use it like it is". Knowing that this has to be the wrong answer, I reviewed the materials that came with the dryer and proceeded to do the conversion myself, following the directions to the letter. However, when I got to the part of closing the screw, mine did not have any lock-tite or thread locker, so when I read close the screw, I interpreted that to mean seat the screw, which I did. The dryer did not heat. After reviewing these forums, I found that the locking nut was supposed to be fixed to a position on the screw. I have no idea what position that may be. I opened the dryer again to see if the screw had some type of mark or reference point on it, and saw that the igniter had burned/broken. So, I need help with two things, first - did the igniter burn up do to me seating the screw, second- where should the screw be positioned. I have ordered another igniter, I need to fix this myself, as LG service here would have done worse that I did. I once bought two air conditioners that lost half of their warranty while waiting for the authorized installer to honor an appointment. Service here is that bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Also forgot to mention, the dryer is vented through 4feet of rigid 4" with no bends, almost perfectly straight. No obstructions.

Did you replace the NG orifice with the LG orifice?

The pressure screw you refer to is to be turned clockwise until it stops.

Yes, I replaced the orifice. I turned the screw until it stopped, but the locking nut was not secured with thread locker, as I am told it should have been. I have since fixed the igniter, and backed out the screw in 1/4 turn increments until it would light. I am now getting good at disassembly. It is burning a blue flame now and I am going to try to dry some clothes, as soon as I finish this post. Thanks.