Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Spin problem

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pappy

Pappy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

I have an Affinity ATF6000ES1 washer. It appears to go through all cycles ok until the spin cycle. It will start to spin somewhat but it is erratic and not smooth and after a few seconds it will quit. I tried spinning it by hand and their appears to be resistance. Any help would be appreciated!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

the basket should spin freely, check for items stuck between the basket and the outer tub, i see this often on these models

#3 Pappy

Pappy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

How do I check for this? Through the front or through the back? Thanks for your help!

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,189 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Open the door and spin the inner basket by hand. And check the bearings while you're in there...

#5 Pappy

Pappy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

The bearings seem ok. Everything was tight. I again tried to turn the tub and it mostly turns easily until it meets some resistance. I took the belt off and it still does the same. The is nothing visible from the front in between the basket and the tub. Thanks.

#6 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

sounds like there is somthing in there, try taking off the hose from the dispesnsor to get a look in there, also shine a light in the tub and see if u see anything

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Sounds like a sock or undies are rolling up on ya when turning the drum around - some of these baskets have access holes between the tubs hidden under the drum fins - fin has a screw that comes out and you slide the fin sharply towards the front. Can also remove the tub to pump grommet and fish through there - probably administer a CrapTrap Enema at the same time.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,189 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

... probably administer a CrapTrap Enema at the same time.

Let us attend Ye Olde Crap Trap Enema...

#9 Pappy

Pappy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Ok, there is definitely something in there. I can see it through the holes under the drum fin. Unfortunately there is no way to get it out through here. How can I access this area? Thanks for all of your help!

#10 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Sounds like a sock or undies are rolling up on ya when turning the drum around - some of these baskets have access holes between the tubs hidden under the drum fins - fin has a screw that comes out and you slide the fin sharply towards the front. Can also remove the tub to pump grommet and fish through there - probably administer a CrapTrap Enema at the same time.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#11 Pappy

Pappy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

A pair of my grandson's pajama bottoms! I was able to find it and pull pieces at a time through the little holes and then cut off with a knife. Once I got control of it the I moved it to the bottom and took it out through the drain. It spins freely now! Thanks again!

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,189 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Nice work! Did you fish them out from the tub-to-pump port?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics